Volvo Rents becomes BlueLine Rental. View Press Release
Call us anytime: (800) 373 5522 Download our iPhone App

Rental Advice Blog

Syndicate content
Fri, 2013-10-18 15:18 | by Paul Dorion


Proud Volvo Rents customers in Canada requested signs to place on their jobsites to let others know what equipment was working for them.  

Read More
Fri, 2013-10-18 15:08 | by Matt Tavianini



"Quotes" From the Road. 

“It was a great time that our customers really enjoyed. What was very impressive was the level that Volvo brought the experience to. The food, location and planning was impeccable – just the type of treatment our customers deserve - and it was obviously appreciated by them.  The Folds of Honor presentation during dinner at the winery was equally impressive to all who attended.  As Volvo Rents employees we’re proud to be affiliated with the Folds of Honor Foundation, but you could see that the...

Read More
Thu, 2013-10-17 19:46 | by Paul Dorion


Over the past year Volvo Rents has increased its Canadian presence and ability to meet the needs of the Canadian equipment rental market. Administrative offices in Edmonton, Alberta and Ontario, oversee approximately 150 team members and 11 rental facilities – eight in Ontario and three in Alberta.  

Much like in the States, equipment needs are predicated on the geography of the land and the manufacturing / production capabilities of a region. Our stores reach across Canada and we have the ability to service various market needs with a very young fleet.

The Ontario branches are more driven by the area’s manufacturing abilities and homeowner needs and the Alberta branches are driven by the sale of natural resources – especially natural gas and oil...

Read More
Thu, 2013-10-17 13:52 | by Dennis Carroll


Have you ever walked through your house at night and noticed you are guided by several twinkling lights and digital displays?  Or when you enter your workplace you notice that the light on your computer monitor or coffee machine is on?  The devices may appear to be “off”, yet they continue to suck away energy.

This wasted energy, also known as vampire or standby power, refers to the electricity many appliances and gadgets waste simply by being plugged in. This energy loss represents an average of 5% of an individual location’s electricity use and across the U.S. adds up to an estimated 65 billion kilo-watt hours per year. 

Some of the largest vampire culprits are the adaptors that come with rechargeable battery-powered devices, such as cell...

Read More
Thu, 2013-10-17 13:47 | by Mike Henderson


Recent studies indicate that over 250,000 hand injuries occur on the job every year. Over 70 percent of those injuries were because employees were not wearing gloves and the other 30 percent were because employees were wearing the wrong type of glove.

Sometimes the end result of hand injuries can be quite serious.  Five percent of hand injuries resulted in amputations -- a life changing event.

The most common types of hand injuries are:

1.       Cuts, Lacerations and Punctures

2.       Abrasions from rough surfaces

3.       Broken fingers / hands

4.       Amputations

5.     ...

Read More