As you know, Volvo Rents is very proud of our involvement with the organization, Homes for Our Troops. Homes for Our Troops is an organization that builds specially adapted homes for severely injured veterans. Volvo Rents gets involved in the building process in two ways – we donate our time and manpower to builds and we donate our equipment to the builds.
I recently received some impressive information from Homes for Our Troops that I would like to share with you on some of the 2011 achievements and milestones reached by the organization.
Homes for Our Troops 2011 in Review “By the Numbers”
* In 2011, Homes for Our Troops delivered 30 homes to severely injured veterans and their families.
* The organization was honored as one of the top five military charities by Charity Navigator, and received a four star rating scoring 69.21out of 70.
* Since the founding of the organization in 2004, overhead costs for administration and fundraising have averaged only 9% of revenues.
* In 2011 they delivered their 100th home to a deserving veteran & committed to their “100…More” campaign, pledging to build the next 100 homes over the next three years.
* Homes for Our Troops founder, John S. Gonsalves was awarded the prestigious Zachary and Elizabeth Fisher Distinguished Civilian Humanitarian Award.
* The first annual Homes for Our Troops golf tournament, raised over $50,000. Volvo Rents proudly took part in raising money for that tournament.
* Homes for Our Troops held over 600 individual and community group fundraisers that rose over $2,000,000 to support the organization.
I recently received a note from a Homes for Our Troops representative that read, “We could not have completed any of the above initiatives without the support of Volvo Rents. By providing much-needed funds and equipment, as well as exposure to our organization and our mission, you have helped these veterans more than you know. Thank you, from the entire Homes for Our Troops family!”
We are looking forward to continuing our relationship with this very deserving organization.